We believe this is more than a routine compliance exercise. It enables our professionals to review your financial operations and make constructive suggestions about improvements and best practice that will enhance business performance. In this way we also help management in identifying and controlling business risks.
We aim to provide you with more than just a compliance service.
Our audit philosophy is based around providing an independent assessment of your financial records and process, whilst delivering practical advice to improve your business. We will work with you to address matters of concern in a constructive and sympathetic manner. The following points are key to the delivery of our service:
- Communicate with you in a concise and easy to digest manner,
- Give you constructive and useful advice, rather than 'sitting on the fence',
- Provide an audit team with a wealth of experience within your industry,
- Provide high levels of input from your partner and manager team, who will be proactive throughout the engagement,
- Hold in-depth discussions to fully understand your systems and processes and identify areas for improvement.
Our audit clients span from SMEs through to large not-for-profit organisations and AIM listed companies. Because our audit teams operate by area of expertise rather than geographically, you can benefit from sector specialists, whilst receiving continuity of staff year on year.
Internal Audit Services
Helping your organisation operate more effectively.
Internal audit plays a valuable role in providing assurance that key controls are in place and operating effectively so that financial and other corporate risks are managed. Advice on, and assistance with, the operation of an internal audit service is provided by us.
Whatever the objective of your internal audit, our aim is to provide you with a service that can truly add value to the way that you operate.
The scope may involve a broad brief to work across different functions in your organisation or an in-depth review of specific financial areas of your business.
Our internal audit approach will deliver:
- Practical advice to help your key decision making,
- Suggestions on ways to maximise the efficiency of your process and systems,
- An assessment of areas of risk in your organisation and guidance on improvement,
- A flexible approach to provide assurance on any areas of key concern to you
We work with a range of organisations, ranging from large corporates to specialist public sector bodies. One of the key elements of a successful internal audit is making sure that we delve into the detail of your systems and processes. This means that we won't take anything at face value; we will work with you to verify by observation, enquiry and testing of transactions, ensuring we're best placed to advise you on key improvements.
For your peace of mind, it's also important that you have continuity between your external and internal auditors. That's why we make it a priority to communicate with all parties involved and review your outgoing auditor's work programme. This ensures a smooth transition and avoids any duplication or omission in our work.
We appreciate that you are likely to have unique and specialist internal audit requirements. Therefore, we can act:
- As your fully outsourced internal audit function, including unannounced spot check visits, if appropriate,
- On a time basis, in accordance with your budget,
- On a bespoke project basis, focusing on your areas of interest or concern.
Supporting your unique requirements.
There are a number of sectors with unique reporting requirements. In order to adhere to these, it’s important that your auditor holds specialist expertise in this area.
Our audit work extends across all industries. We also operate specialist teams with expertise in the following areas:
- Charities and Not For Profit audits
- Academy school audits
- Service charge company audits and assurance
- Pension scheme audits
- Solicitors Accounts Rules audits
- FCA audits
- Insurance brokers audits
- Travel agents & tour operators audits
- Grant audits
Contact us for more information, we are happy to arrange a face to face meeting to discuss further.